Habitat for Humanity of Omaha helps empower families as they work toward becoming first-time homeowners. Throughout the process families gain hands-on construction experience and attend homeownership workshops. Once construction/existing home renovation is complete and the affordable Habitat loan is issued, families are well on their way to becoming successful Habitat Omaha homeowners.
Thank you for interest in our Homeownership Program. Our 2017 application sessions have closed; our next session will begin in January 2018. If you have questions or would like a text or email reminder in January, please call us at (402) 457-5657. To get started in the Homeownership Program, we recommend that you make a free appointment with Todd Sites at Credit Advisors Foundation by calling (402) 514-3341 or emailing him directly at email@example.com. He can help be your financial coach preparing you for the next application session.
1. Housing Need. Current housing is inadequate, substandard, or unaffordable
2. Ability to Pay.
- Applicant(s) must have a reliable, steady and verifiable source of income.
- Credit history shows ability to repay the loan.
- Applicant(s) income is between 30% to 60% of the HUD area median income*.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident status is valid.
3. Willingness to Partner. Families will partner with Habitat Omaha in several important ways.
- Sweat Equity – 350 hours (for 2 applicants) and 250 hours (for 1 applicant), which is about 15-20 hours per month. Sweat Equity hours can be earned on construction sites, at Habitat ReStores or in our office.
- Applicant(s) must complete a series of educational workshops.
- Applicant(s) must provide all necessary documents during the application process.
- Applicant(s) must be willing to purchase a Habitat Omaha house and make regular monthly mortgage payments for a 20-30 year mortgage.
Income Guidelines: Numbers are from HUD Income Limits, 2017, Omaha Metropolitan Area