Habitat Can Help
How do I know if I’m ready to be a first-time homebuyer?
Regardless of your financial situation, homeownership requires time and effort. The key to unlocking the door to your home, simply beginning. YOU’VE GOT THIS!
Habitat Omaha knows that most of our homeowners struggle with:
- Good credit and credit score
To be eligible for Almost Home counseling, you will need.
- You have lived in the Omaha Metro area for the last 12 months
- You are a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home during the past three years
- You have at least 6 months of continuous employment or 2 years if you are self-employed
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- You meet the minimum monthly gross income guidelines (the total amount you earn before taxes and deductions)
If you were able to check these items, go to our eligibility questionnaire.
Click here to visit the eligibility questionnaire. If you can’t check all the boxes, it’s OK. It is time to begin taking footsteps on your journey. Before you know it, you’ll be there. YOU’VE GOT THIS!
Sign up for updates to resources, and educational materials and start your journey NOW!
Want to learn more? Check out our frequently asked questions here.