Home Repair Programs
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha’s Home Repair Programs partner with qualified families to assist with a variety of projects, from larger-scale exterior repairs to smaller-scale energy efficiency upgrades. Qualified families receive a no-interest loan to help pay for necessary repairs, allowing homeowners to spread the expense over 1-10 years to make them affordable. The purpose of these programs is to help families maintain their homes and to keep the community thriving. Habitat Omaha serves as the general contractor, hiring only subcontractors we know and trust. All work includes a 1-year warranty through Habitat Omaha.
Types of Repairs
All repairs are subject to manager approval.
- Roofs Repair
- Windows and Doors
- Tree Trimming & Removal
- Exterior Structural
- Emergency Home Repair Program
- If you are experiencing a critical repair need (total mechanical failure of air conditioner, furnace, water heater, etc.), please call (402) 457-5657
- Owner must demonstrate the ability to repay the no-interest loan
- Owner must have homeowners insurance upon project completion
- Owner must hold clear title to the property
- House must be owner-occupied and in Douglas County or surrounding counties
- Must be a single-family, detached home (no duplexes, apartments, etc.)
- Cannot be gaining equity from property and/or own several properties
- Property taxes must be current
- Willingness to partner with Habitat Omaha
- Other restrictions may apply
Veteran Home Repairs
All veterans who have received an honorable discharge are eligible to apply for our veteran home repair program. The program provides critical home repairs, defined as interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations. This may include a change to or repair of materials or components; a reconfiguration of space; a modification for accessibility; installation or extension of plumbing, mechanical or electrical systems on an existing structure.
“We are so very happy to have this new wonderful roof! [The contractors] did a great job and worked so hard — we recommend them to anyone highly.” – Janet and John K., Habitat Omaha Home Repair Clients
You may also want to visit our community resources page for information about food, utility, financial and other resources.