How-to Protest Your Property Valuation 

With the super-hot home market, it is likely you are seeing an increase in your mortgage payments because the value of your home has increased. Why? Higher valuation of your property changes the amount of property taxes you owe, increasing your mortgage payment.

However, you can do something about it. You can protest your valuation June 1 to June 30, 2022.

Before you start

Search your property’s value and taxes in Douglas County, Neb., at

Download the form at or

PROTEST TIP:  Did you know you can submit photos of your home when protesting your valuation? Take plenty of photos of your old kitchen and the dated bathroom that needs remodeling. These photos could help prove the value of your home and lower your property taxes.


Protest your valuation

Douglas County protests can be filed June 1 through June 30, 2022. You can file your protest using the following methods:

  • Electronically –
  • Mail – Douglas County Board of Equalization, 1819 Farnam St., Omaha, NE 68183.
  • Hand deliver – Board of Equalization Office, Farnam Level, 1819 Farnam St., Omaha, NE 68183.

Submit your protest as soon as possible.

PROTEST TIP:  No in-person meetings will be scheduled after June 20.




For more information, contact the Douglas County Board of Equalization,, (402) 444-6510 or


Additional Resources

We found some helpful guides and tools about what you need to know when protesting your property tax valuation.

Additional Links