- This event has passed.
Free Tax Prep Service
February 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha is offering free tax preparation services for community members. Tax professionals from the Omaha EITC Coalition will be on site to help you file your 2017 income taxes. Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. No RSVP is necessary.
What to bring:
- Social security cards or ITINs for self, spouse, and dependents
- Photo Identification
- Copy of previous year’s tax returns (especially IA residents)
- All tax forms (W2, W2G, 1099s, Interest, Dividend, retirement, gambling, SSA)
- Child care provider info (Name, address, EIN/SSN) and amounts paid
- For direct deposit, bank account and routing number
- For itemizing: property tax receipts and mortgage interest statements, charitable contributions, prior year state refund
- Verification of health insurance (1095 A, B, or C)
- Education expense receipts (form 1098-T from college)
- Form 8332 signed by the custodial parent (for non-custodial parent to claim dependent)
- Both spouses must be present to sign return or in case of divorce/separation, may need spouse’s name and SSN (Alimony/Married Filing Separate)