Home Repair Program
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha’s Home Repair Program partners with qualified families and provides no-interest loans up to $15,000 to help pay for necessary exterior repairs to their homes. The purpose of this program is to help working families maintain their homes and to keep the community thriving.
“Times were very flexible and I could pick and choose anything I wanted done at an affordable cost. I enjoyed working with such great people, and the work didn’t take long at all. Habitat did a great job.”
– Theotis G., Habitat Omaha Home Repair Family Partner (2015)
Here’s how the program works:
- Habitat for Humanity of Omaha’s Home Repair Program offers qualifying homeowners a no-interest loan of up to $15,000 for exterior home repairs.
- Habitat Omaha staff works with the homeowner to determine which repairs will be done and writes bid specifications with homeowner approval.
- We send bids to local professional contractors allowing up to three weeks for bids to be returned regarding the scope of work.
- We present the homeowner with each bid we have received regarding their repairs.
- It is the homeowner’s responsibility to select the contractor who will be paid market value for the services. We also require that the chosen contractor offers the partnering homeowner a one year warranty on all work performed.
If you are interested in applying, download a 2016 Home Repair Application. If you have more questions or would like to pick up an application, contact a Home Repair Program staff member, at (402) 457-5657 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Return completed applications to Habitat Omaha, 1701 N 24th Street, Omaha, NE 68110.
“We are so very happy to have this new wonderful roof! [The contractors] did a great job and worked so hard — we recommend them to anyone highly.”
– Janet and John K., Habitat Omaha Home Repair Family Partners (2015)